- This week, according to the owner of the Red Hen Restaurant, in Lexington, VA, she refused to serve White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders and her family on “moral grounds.” Co-owner Stephanie Wilkinson cited the fact a number of her employees were gay and did not approve of Trump’s desire to bar transgender people from the military. To her, that was morally repugnant. Former George W. Bush Press Secretary Ari Fleischer opined as to whether we are moving toward Democrats and Republicans only restaurants.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey was forced to apologize just for eating at Chick-fil-a as June is “Pride Month.” One Tweet back to the Twitter head admonished him stating, “You must love the taste of bigotry!”
- Speaking of Twitter, actor Peter Fonda, brother of “Hanoi” Jane Fonda, Tweeted, “WE SHOULD RIP BARRON TRUMP FROM HIS MOTHER’S ARMS AND PUT HIM IN A CAGE WITH PEDOPHILES…” To his credit, after a couple of days of backlash and the Secret Service launching an investigation, Fonda apologized.
- The Republican Attorney General of Florida, Pam Bondi, was heckled and yelled at while leaving a documentary about the late Fred Rogers. That seems especially ironic as Fred Rogers’s whole work was about teaching respect and kindness. To him, we were all neighbors. Not to the progressive left though. Bondi said three men stood an inch from her screaming in her face…one even spit on her head.
- The Secretary of Homeland Security, Kirstjen Nielsen, was also heckled and shouted down as she tried to enjoy a meal at a DC restaurant and now protesters are showing up outside their home. The group proudly claiming responsibility is the Metro D.C. Democratic Socialists of America.
- It’s been barely a year since a gunman, a 66 year old left-winged activist and Bernie Sanders supporter, who posted on his Facebook page in the weeks before the attack, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.”, fired more than 70 rounds at the GOP practice for the annual Congressional baseball game. Majority Whip Steve Scalise was hit in the hip and underwent months in the hospital and numerous surgeries. Our own Georgia Congressman Barry Loudermilk was also on the field, but escaped injury.
- This past March, the Cobb GOP received numerous threats, including a Facebook message and voicemail I received suggesting someone should shoot up our HQ.
- Rather than trying to calm the rhetoric, Democratic leaders are fanning the flames. In a speech to supporters, Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA) poured more fuel on the fire when she told the crowd, “They’re not going to be able to go to a restaurant, they’re not going to be able to stop at a gas station, they’re not going to be able to shop at a department store. The people are going to turn on them, they’re going to protest, they’re going to absolutely harass them.”
It seems like the nation has gone crazy. The left and their accomplices in the media find a new outrage daily for the progressive mobs to use to justify to block streets, harass people at their homes, confront and intimidate anyone they decide to target.
It’s probably to keep the damning IG Report, detailing corruption and political bias in the FBI, off the the front pages.
Yesterday, it was announced that a division of the American Library Association was dropping Laura Ingalls Wilder’s name from an award. The award was first presented to the “Little House on the Prairie” author in 1954, but now, according to the America Library Association, as her works “includes expressions of stereotypical attitudes inconsistent with ALSC’s core values” and her “legacy is complex” and “not universally embraced,” her accomplishments must be erased from history. Maybe so people will be less inclined to read her books and the honest, self-reliant, American values they promote.
As we prepare to celebrate the 242nd year of our republic’s independence, the cause of freedom is under threat from within, not from without, more than any time in the past century.
At the turn of the 20th Century, our nation was filled with civil unrest and violence from the same left-winged socialist/Marxist groups like the one which confronted Secretary Nielsen.
History seems to forget the left-winged socialists who blew up the headquarters of the Los Angeles Times in 1910. 21 were killed and 100 others were injured. Following WWI, in 1919, left-winged anarchists mailed 36 dynamite bombs to politicians and other leaders. Luckily, no one was killed, but the maid of Georgia U.S. Senator Thomas Hardwick had her hand blown off and Hardwick’s wife was seriously injured. They also detonated bombs in eight cities which did kill.
While we are thankfully not yet at that point, with political leaders like Waters and celebrities like Robert DeNiro and Peter Fonda (among others) fanning the flames, there is cause for concern.
For those of us who believe in the words of the Declaration of Independence, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness,” we must be on guard against those who will actively work to deny conservatives and anyone who challenges their progressive dogma, not only their rights to liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but, like the gunman in D.C., deprive them of their very lives.
We have gone from a nation where people would say, “I respectfully disagree,” to the progressives using words like “evil” to describe those who refuse to think like they do.
Google the phrase “Trump is evil” and you get 205,000 hits. “Trump is Hitler” gets fewer results, but still nearly 69,000 hits, almost 9,000 more hits than the entire population of Marietta.
When I was a kid, my parents told me to never start a fight, but to always stand up to bullies. We are a nation that stands up to bullies, and we need to stand up to the ones who would intimidate and use fear to silence their opponents.
Trump is not a bully. He is the one finally standing up to those who have bullied the majority of Americans for far too long…the deplorables who don’t think like or agree with the media and intelligentsia in New York, Washington, or Los Angeles .
So the question you may ask is what can you do?
First, renew your commitment to the Cobb County Republican Party (or your local Republican organization). We have to work together to elect candidates who will also stand-up to those who would use fear and intimidation to silence conservatives. You can do that by:
This is a CODE RED situation, but like with most bullies, if we stand up to the progressives and win in November, then we will see how chicken they really are. We just can’t be afraid to stand up for what we believe. The men who started this nation certainly were not.
They will call us “evil,” and “racist” and “Nazis” and all manner of tired words that they have rendered meaningless because it is all they can say in the face of any opposition as their arguments are based on nothing else but hot air and failed dogma. Conservative policies work nearly every time. Socialism and left-winged ideas fail every time they are tried.
Why should we have any fear of that?
They may choose fear and intimidation.
As for us, we CHOOSE FREEDOM.
Rather than saying there is a CODE RED situation in America, maybe in honor of the Red Hen Restaurant where the cowardly act of kicking out Sarah Sanders occurred(note how they seem to target women), maybe we should call it “CODE RED HEN.”