Volunteer Day: Saturday, March 24, 2018
Time: Any 2-hour block between 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Volunteer: Help sort and prep items for sale. Enter at the front, sign in, and go to the store in the basement. Ask for Jerry. He’ll assign you a task. By signing in as a volunteer, your participation helps The Zone qualify for grant money.
Location: The store is inside The Zone that is only a few blocks from the Cobb GOP Headquarters at 32 Fairground St NE, Marietta, GA 30060 / (470) 392-9022
Watch the video to see how the Zone has made a real impact in Cobb.
Alternative: If you are unable to volunteer on March 24, but would like to help, the thrift store will be delighted for you to help any day they are open Tuesday-Saturday from 9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Also, your donations of clothing, furniture, jewelry, and money are tax deductible.
6 Sobering Drug Abuse Statistics: According to the Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr, here are 6 sobering statistics about drug abuse:
1. 142 Americans die every day from a drug overdose.
2. From 1999 -2015, more than 560,000 people died from drug-related deaths; that’s larger than the entire population of Atlanta.
3. In 2015, 27 million people reported current use of an illegal drug or the abuse of a prescription drug.
4. The amount of opioids prescribed in the U.S. in 2015 was enough for every American to be medicated around the clock for 3 weeks.
5. From June of 2016 to May of 2017, the total number of opioid doses prescribed in Georgia was more than 541 million. That’s about 54 doses for every man, woman, and child in Georgia.
6. 55 Georgia counties have an overdose rate higher than the national average.
About Republican Hands: Most Republicans know that before you can lead, you must be willing to serve. Republican Hands helps to rekindle that spirit of community service and social revival that benefits all Americans, not just Republicans. The goals of Republican Hands are to…
+ Make tangible contributions to increase the visibility of Republicans at the local level.
+ Engage the grassroots volunteers during non-election years to keep people active and involved.
+ Foster a renewed sense of service and serving among Republicans.
1st Quarter 2018: Each quarter, the Cobb County Republican Party chooses an organization with which to volunteer. This quarter, we’ve chosen the Re-Zoned Thrift Store. Proceeds from the sale of donated items funds the Davis Direction Foundation’s “The Zone” that helps people in our community who are suffering from addiction. The Zone is a safe haven of acceptance for anyone in any stage of recovery. The foundation addresses five areas: 1-Awareness, 2-Prevention, 3-Education, 4-Harm-Reduction, and 5-Recovery. Recovery is real. To learn more about The Zone, go HERE.